Translate

onsdag 8 juli 2015

Rockstar tech and reindeers in Norrbotten.

James came with me up to Norrbotten to hang out. He’s been up here quite a few times and takes every opportunity he gets to come up and visit.
This time I took him on a roadtrip even further up north than where I’m from.
I had a gig last week in Pajala, north of the arctic circle. So he came with me and acted my drum tech/biggest fan. 
His main quality of being a drum tech must’ve been…. telling stories, and being funny… but other than that, he didn’t really do anything that had anything to do with drums. I guess not everyone is cut out for that job, hehe. But I got a good storyteller that could carry a case or two. 

Anyhow, it was a great gig!! 
Everyone was really drunk, at dinner time people were stumbling everywhere and I’m guessing the moonshine was out for breakfast that morning, tru dat!! 
We hit the stage around midnight, so a few moonshine-soldiers had probably went to bed already, but it was still a great crowd. 
I was playing with The Magnettes, and the band is from Pajala, so they had a lot of fans that came to sing the songs back at us. Cool duderinos. 

There was a journalist from the local paper in the north of Sweden who was there writing a really nice review after gig.
He also got a few words in with my “drum tech/Storyteller”.
And the next day it was a story on James in the paper, with two photos of him saying about how he loved the show. “International Star giving praise to the band from Pajala”. Aww, that’s when I realised how lucky I was… THAT’S MY DRUM TECH OMG!!!INTERNATIONAL STAR!!! Lucky_lady_87. 

On the way back down to Boden(it’s not often you hear anyone saying “down” to Boden… most people, if ever.. they go “up” to Boden) we met a reindeer. I said to James to hurry and we can get a photo with you and the reindeer in it…But I think James was so stunned by the beauty of the reindeer that he couldn’t move any faster...
And also my phone cut out, so I guess I could take the blame for that….But I’d rather blame it on someone else rather than me. That’s how I usually work…yup.
I took a few snaps of it in all it’s glory, and then we got a cracking photo of it running away with James in the foreground. Yeay!! BEST PHOTO EVVAH!!!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Om mig

Mitt foto
Ibland vill jag dela med mig av saker som händer i mitt liv, då skriver jag det här. Det kommer bara vara jätteintressanta inlägg. Så välkomna till min super-blogg.